Flight from selected airport to Iceland. Arrival at Keflavík Airport. Transfer to the domestic airport for a 40 min. flights to Isafjordur the same evening. On arrival in Isafjordur, you will be greeted by our staff and pick up your rental car for your drive to Suðureyri/Flateyri. You will be shown the boat and the house - and the best fishing spots. Our fishing guides and our service staff is available for you during your whole stay.
- May - September
- Price from:
- £ 1,165,-
- 9 days/8 nights
Sea Angling Trip in the WestfjordsBooking request
Sea angling in the Westfjords is very sought after and to be a part of this fishing experience you need to book early. We offer our customers a standard 9-day tour to Flateyri and Sudureyri in the Westfjords from the beginning of May to the middle of September. We plan tailor-made tours as well on request.
Fishing in Suðureyri or Flateyri. In the village, there is a small shop, a swimming pool, a pub/restaurant, and a harbour. Here you can enjoy fishing at whatever time you like. The Icelandic summer nights are very short and the daylight stretches long into the night during this time of year, due to the northerly location.
Today you have until 10 am for fishing, afterwards, you have to prepare your boat and house for departure. In the evening, you will take your rental car back to Isafjordur domestic airport and flight back to Reykjavík in the evening. When arriving in Reykjavík, a bus is waiting for you to take you back to the hotel in Reykjavik's surroundings, where you will stay for one night. In case of early morning flights the next day, please order your breakfast box at the reception.
Pick up your breakfast box and your pre-ordered fish bag, and transfer to Keflavik international airport for your flight back home.
*Extend your stay with a free extra night and explore Reykjavik and the surrounding area.
- Choose 1 or 2 nights in Reykjavik with NO EXTRA CHARGE (please tell us IN ADVANCE!)
- 20 kg fish bag: price on request (The fish is deep-frozen and packed for you in a local fish factory. It will be given to you in cooler bags on the departure day.)
- Extension week upon request
- Rental car for extension week: £ 585 per car
- Any additional extra night (apart from the free second night) in Reykjavik's surrounding in 2-, 3- or 4-bed rooms £ 75 per person per night
This is our standard 9 days/8 nights package. The arrival date is Tuesday and the departure day is Wednesday the following week.
The price per person depends on how many anglers are sharing a boat and house.
Fishing Equipment for rent:
Floating Suit: £ 40 per stay/person
Rod and Reel: £ 45 per stay/set
Landing Hook: £ 15 per stay/hook
Harpoon: £ 18 per stay/harpoon
1/2 day (4 hours): £ 135
1 day (8 hours): £ 270
The equipment or guiding must be registered in advance! The payment is in cash in Flateyri/Sudureyri.
Our fishermen stay in our 3 bedroom cottages and flats that can accommodate up to 6 persons. The most usual and comfortable thing is for 4 persons to share a house and a boat. Fishing is from the 8 m offshore cabin boats with sea angling rods 20 - 50 lbs and strong reels with braided line, pilkers of approx 400-700 g, rubber fish of 20-30 cm and 300-500 g, and living bait as mackerel or octopus, which the guides always have available. The average fishing depth is 30-60 m, mostly sandy bottom, some shells, and almost no stones or rocks. The most common catch is Cod (up to 30 kg), Haddock (up to 6 pack), Wolf-fish (up to 12 kg), Monkfish (up to more than 20 kg), and even the Atlantic Halibut (up to 250 cm and more than 200 kg!). A 20 kg mixture of four different types of luxury frozen fish fillets is available in cooler bags for you to take home.
Important information: at the time of booking, please let us know the number of fish bags you would like to book, whether you would like to stay 1 or 2 additional nights in Reykjavik (no extra charge, but subject to flight availability), and if you want to rent fishing equipment or book guiding.
Please note: subsequent bookings of fish bags are not possible! Furthermore, changing the additional nights in Reykjavik afterwards is only possible for a fee! Additional luggage also has to be booked in advance for an additional cost of £ 45, -.
You can find more information on Iceland as a travel destination, on travel planning and on booking with Iceland ProTravel in the section: "Frequently Asked Questions".
Prices in £ 2023
|Season||2 Pers.||3 Pers.||4 Pers.||5 Pers.||6 Pers.|
Main season: 30.05.-18.07.2023
Shoulder season: 02.05.-23.05.2023 & 25.07.-15.08.2023
Low season: 11.04.-25.04.2023 & 22.08.-12.09.2023
You can request the holiday you would like to book, and we will check the availability and contact you via e-mail within 48 hours to confirm the availability.
Prices may change according to availability.
Tour Code: 1102
- Non-stop flights from Great Britain/Ireland to Iceland with Icelandair (Tariff Class L/H) incl. all taxes
- 1 handbag 10 kg and max. 2 x 23kg free luggage with Icelandair
- Domestic flights
- All domestic transfers (weather-dependent bus transfer Reykjavik-Isafjördur-Reykjavik if necessary)
- Rental car (cat. A/Z for 2-4 person, cat. B/N for 5 person, 2 x cat. A/Z for 6 person in one house) for a week incl. 200km/day, (second week costs £ 585)
- CDW & 24 % VAT
- 7 nights in a house in the camp in Sudureyri or Flateyri incl. Electricity, water, heating, bed linnen, towels, cleaning
- Boat 7,85 m / 130 PS and GPS (excl. Fuel, insurance included- excl. the propeller)
- 1 or 2 nights at 3***-hotel near Reykjavik in 2-, 3- or 4-Bed-Room after return from Westfjords (choose 1 or 2 nights in the area of Reykjavik with NO EXTRA CHARGE)
- Maps and detailed information of the fishing area
- Local service support
- Travel insurance
- Cancellation insurance
- Fishing gear
- Fish bag